- Mixadin is a cough formulation that contains 4 main components which act synergystically to relieve cough.
- Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is a non narcotic antitusive which acts directly at the cough center.
- Ephedrine hydrochloride, is a sympathomimetic which functions to loosen respiratory tract and relieves respiration.
- Guaiphenesin is an expectorant which stimulates sputum release and free respiratory tract from mucus.
- Chlorpheniramine maleate is an antihistamine which relieves allergic annoyance in respiratory tract.